90th Anniversary Celebration & Dinner, Nov. 21, 2016
The Bridgton Lions Club, formed on Nov. 4, 1926 and chartered on June 28, 1927, has been serving the Bridgton community for 90 years. It has a rich and varied history and is always there to help those who need it the most.
The Club focuses on:
- providing Vision Screening for students at the Stevens Brook Elementary School
- sponsoring "Student of the Month" at Lake Region High School
- sponsoring multiple "Kettle Dinners" at the Bridgton Community Center
- collecting glasses and hearing aids
- providing glasses and hearing aids for those who cannot afford them
- providing medic alert devices those who cannot afford them
- supporting the Bridgton Boy Scouts for over 50 years
- supporting Lake Region High School's "Project Graduation"
- supporting the Maine Sight & Hearing organization
- supporting the Bridgton Community Center's Fuel Collaborative
Throughout the year the Club raises funds in diverse and fun ways:
- sales of hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries from the Club's "Chuck Wagon" at the Bridgton Fireworks and the Maine Lakes Brew Fest
- annual "Golf Ball Drop" raffle
- annual Christmas raffle
- White Cane day fund raising - partnering with the Harrison Lions Club
- annual Golf Tournament
Visit our "History" page to obtain more details on the rich history of the Bridgton Lions Club. Check out our Club's photos on the "Photo Gallery" page.
For more about Lions Clubs, go to www.lionsclubs.org
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.