Challenge Air, Mission Statement
Challenge Air builds self-esteem and confidence of children and youth with specials needs, through the experience offlight.
Since 1993, Challenge Air has enriched the lives of children and youth with special needs through its unique aviation programs. Challenge Air’s mission reflects the life-changing impact the flight experience has on children, families, donors, sponsors and communities as a whole.
With a network of nearly 3,500 volunteers nationwide, volunteers serve as pilots, ground crew, fundraisers, planning committee members and in numerous other capacities. As Challenge Air continues to grow and add more programs across the country, its mission will remain true..... To continue to provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to special needs children and youth through the gift of flight.
1) To improve the quality of life for children/youth and families with special needs.
2) Arouse children/youth with special needs to be excited about learning and inspired about their future.
3) Educate children/youth about the aviation industry and encourage them to consider occupational roles other than the customary ones to which they are generally directed.
4) Involve and promote civic and community engagement.
5) Create an environment for peer interaction for children/youth with special needs.
6) Promote local organizational resources to families with special needs.
See our Calendar Page for more information.
Our motto is "We Serve." Lions are part of a global service network, doing whatever is necessary to help our local communities.
For more about Lions Clubs, go to www.lionsclubs.org
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.