Sharing the Vision Global Service Action Campaign
During the month of October, Lions are encouraged to join in the fight against blindness by participating in the Sharing the Vision Global Service Action Campaign. We are inviting you to take action by organizing sight projects to help make a difference in your own community.
Lions all over the globe are working towards serving 100 million people by December 2017 through their participation in Global Service Action Campaigns. The Centennial Service Challenge is split into four Global Service Action Campaigns that each focus on different projects –youth, vision, environment and hunger. This month we are highlighting vision projects such as:
- Organizing an eye health and safety presentation
- Conducting vision and diabetes screenings for the elderly
- Organizing a community “sight walk”
- Arranging recreational activities for those who are blind or visually impaired
- See more at: http://lionsclubs.org/blog/2014/10/01/sharing-the-vision-global-service-action-campaign/#sthash.sPHZqn7C.dpuf
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.