The Annapolis Lions Club was chartered on June 3rd, 1941, and held its charter meeting at the Carvel Hall Hotel in Annapolis on Saturday, June 14th, 1941.
Twenty-eight business and professional citizens of the city started the organization as charter members.
Today the Annapolis Lions Club meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Annapolis Elks Lodge. Social hour starts at 6:00pm with dinner served at 7:00pm, followed by a guest speaker or a business meeting.
The Annapolis Lions Club is always in search of worthy community service projects to volunteer our time. Please feel free to contact our club with your request.
1. Eye Exams and Glasses Annually, approximately 100 local individuals receive a free professional eye exam and glasses.
2. Used Eyeglass Collections Our club collects approximately 7500 pairs of used eyeglasses each year which are distributed worldwide.
3. Vision Screening Approximately 10 vision screening events are conducted by our Lions at health fairs and other events.
4. Special Projects Funding a. Radio Reading Network b. Annapolis Area Ministries, Inc. c. Maryland Therapeutic Riding d. Annapolis Police & Fire Dept.
5. Anne Arundel Medical Center - Financial support for the Helicopter Pad
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.